Marking and Disassociating
- Speaker: Bryant Bailles
- Summary: What is a local church called to do when a brother or sister in Christ chooses to turn away from God and refuses to listen to the appeals of their brethren? In this lesson, we study the kind of situations where God calls His people to publicly mark and disassociate from sinning brethren, why that is to be done, then we conclude with reflecting on the kind of choices that lead to a hardened heart.
- Passages: 1 Corinthians 5:1-13, 1 Thessalonians 3:6-15
Legal notice: Speakers here typically quote from the NASB, ESV or NKJV almost exclusively, and the respective copyright notices follow. Some occasionally quote from the King James Version, which is public domain (in the US).
- Scripture quotations taken from the NASB (New American Standard Bible) Copyright by The Lockman Foundation
- Scripture quotations are from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.