Parable of the Sower
- Speaker: Bryant Bailles
- Summary: Probably the most famous parable, Jesus compares the Kingdom of Heaven to a farmer with seeds. What is unusual about this parable is that it does not actually begin with "The Kingdom of Heaven is like...." It can be argued, though, that all parables are about the kingdom, and even this one is explained as relating to the kingdom eventually, in verse 19.
- Passage: Matthew 13:1-9, 18-23
Legal notice: Speakers here typically quote from the NASB, ESV or NKJV almost exclusively, and the respective copyright notices follow. Some occasionally quote from the King James Version, which is public domain (in the US).
- Scripture quotations taken from the NASB (New American Standard Bible) Copyright by The Lockman Foundation
- Scripture quotations are from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.