Striving for Great Faith
- Speaker: Bryant Bailles
- Summary: There are only a whopping two times in the gospels when Jesus takes note of a living person's remarkable faith, and it is in these two stories of the centurion and a Canaanite woman. She is certainly a Gentile and the Roman soldier is quite possibly a Gentile also, which sticks out like a sore thumb, since it was the Jews that should be the examples of faith.
- Passage: Matthew 8:5-13, 15:21-28
Legal notice: Speakers here typically quote from the NASB, ESV or NKJV almost exclusively, and the respective copyright notices follow. Some occasionally quote from the King James Version, which is public domain (in the US).
- Scripture quotations taken from the NASB (New American Standard Bible) Copyright by The Lockman Foundation
- Scripture quotations are from The ESV® Bible (The Holy Bible, English Standard Version®), copyright © 2001 by Crossway, a publishing ministry of Good News Publishers. Used by permission. All rights reserved.
- Scripture taken from the New King James Version®. Copyright © 1982 by Thomas Nelson. Used by permission. All rights reserved.